Step 1: Find an old frame.
Step 2: Remove the glass and backing.
Step 3. Wash the frame and let it dry.
Step 4: Paint the frame white. I used extra indoor house primer.
Tip: Use tacks to raise your frame off your table and make the frame sides easier to paint.
Step 5: Let the kids decorate it with craft paint.
Alternate idea: Glue on bits of tissue paper with Modge Podge.
Step 6: Use Modge Podge or a spray sealer for the final coat.
Step 7: Insert glass, the chosen photo, and the frame backing.
Step 8: Wrap, give, and enjoy!
- Paint the front of the inner backing with chalkboard paint. Put it on your kid’s bedside table, and leave them sweet little notes.
- Insert a bit of cork board for tacking up office or kitchen reminders.
- Use your frames to display your kids’ favorite art pieces.
- Sting ribbons across the back, staple on each side, and use the ribbons to organize barrettes, like this.
- Check out even more easy, kid-friendly ideas on my Pinterest board.
Have your own upcycling or frame ideas? Please share!