For those of you who weren’t able to make it to The Denim Jungle book launch party in Seattle, I wanted to bring the party to you.
So… welcome, friends, to my virtual book party! Come on in. I have all kinds of fun in store for you today.
- Enjoy your own personal author reading.
- Exercise your imaginations with a Denim Jungle-themed activity.
- Learn some secrets behind the making of the book.
- Buy a copy (if you haven’t already).
- Get your book custom-signed by me, the author.
Are you ready? Here we go…
Once upon a time, I was a children’s librarian (and so was my mom). So of course I love love love to read The Denim Jungle to kids!
Here’s your own little author reading. Of course, it’s much better in person, so if want to have me come to your library, event, or classroom email me at thedenimjungle (at) gmail.com. I’ll see what I can do!
Try one of these fun activities with your little ones, all focused on the book’s theme of imagination.
Teachers and librarians: They’re great for lesson plans and story hours, too.
- Postcards from The Denim Jungle – Color in art from the book and add your own imaginative discoveries. Mail them to a friend, or glue them into the back of your book to remember your adventures.
- Jungle Crowns – Let your imagination run wild with this fun conversation starter about the significance of the crowns at the end of the book.
- Imagination Telescopes – Take a closer look at the world around you with make-your-own imagination telescopes, just like Leo’s!
The Inside Scoop
Every book has its hidden delights and personal touches cleverly tucked inside…
- Leo isn’t really a lion, but his mane-like hood adds to the jungle theme.
- Every page has a word treatment indicative of the word itself. The word stretched is s–t–r–e–t–c–h–e–d. Can you find them all?
- As explained in the Story Behind the Story at the end of The Denim Jungle, this book was written for my mother-in-law, Sue, who’s really the mom in the book. She loved London. Did you spot the London Tower?
- Almost every spread of the book has a ladybug in honor of my children’s Great Grandma Shirley. (Hint: except for the London Tower page.)
- On the ice cream page, there are some chalk-written letters on the sidewalk. That’s my daughter’s name in her 5-year-old’s handwriting!
Get Your Copy
Where can you buy The Denim Jungle? You can find it online (Amazon, Barnes and Noble Online, etc.) as well as the shelves of local Seattle bookseller. Of course, you could always request it from your favorite book store—and your local libraries as well!
To preview the book and read reviews, go here.
Feel free to add your own Amazon reviews, too. Did you know that’s one of the best ways you can help your favorite book or author?
Goodreads reviews are equally appreciated. Thanks so much!
Want Your Book Signed?
Email me at thedenimjungle (@) gmail.com to request a printable signed bookplate that you can glue into your book. If you let me know a name to make it out to, I can personalize it for you, too.
Thanks for coming to my virtual book party! Happy imagining, everybody!