We conjured up this super easy (and healthy) recipe the other night when Szaba was possessed by The Grumpus Monster. It magically transformed her back into our babbling bundle of joy.
It doesn’t seem fair to keep this power all to ourselves, so…
I bring you:
- 2 lb Italian sausage (pork or turkey)
- 2 bunches of kale, coarsely chopped
- 2-3 cans white beans
- 1 dozen crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 slices bread, toasted and crumbled
- 12 cups chicken broth
- 1 egg
- 2 small onions, chopped
- olive oil
- Combine sausage, bread, and egg.
- Roll into large, marble-sized balls.
- Heat oil and saute onion.
- Place meatballs on onion and a little broth. Cover and simmer five minutes. Stir.
- Add mushrooms and a little broth. Cover and simmer 5 minutes. Stir.
- Add kale and a little more broth. Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the broth, beans, and spices. Stir.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Serve with bread and a smile.
One thought on “Grumpus Soup”