I had a bored toddler, a rainy day, and an empty fridge. To the grocery store!
1. Let your toddler bring along a fellow adventurer: a favorite toy or stuffed animal.
2. Make it a game: Can you find something brown? Do you see an apple? Let’s look for something cold …
3. Point out and feel different textures. Szaba particularly liked the asparagus and kiwi.
4. Let your child pick something new to try. I was amazed by all the kid-themed items at her eye level that I’d never even noticed before.
5. Grab a store flyer and use the food pictures to create an “art” piece when you get home, commemorating your adventure.
How do you make the grocery store (or other errand spots) fun for your kids?
2 thoughts on “Grocery Adventure”