- Acres upon acres of gorgeous wandering
- Something new to see every time
- Feels far removed from the city
What to Do:
- Walk the dog
- Take pictures
- Kayak or canoe
- Spot the bald eagles and muskrats
- Tour the Japanese Garden (for a fee)
Know Before You Go:
- Parking can be limited, but there are several lots to choose from, as you can see by the grey areas on this map.
- To explore the park’s waterways, rent a canoe from here or a kayak from here. Or you could use your own, of course.
- Madison Valley, just south of the arboretum, has a ridiculous amount of great restaurants. Indulge in brunch before a stroll or stick around afterward for dinner.
For more free Seattle fun, try one of these adventures:
- Golden Gardens
- Olympic Sculpture Park
- Green Lake
- Gasworks Park
- Bayview-Kinnear Park
- Ballard Splash Park
- Tulip Festival
- San Juan Islands
Have your own tips for free things to do in and around Seattle … or your city? Please share!