Roads made out of construction paper, silly.
This kids’ activity is quick, cheap, and fun … plus you cover a bunch of great early learning basics.
(See “The 4 Pillars of Play” for more info.)
Here’s how and what kids learn:
- Kinesthetic: Cut equal-width pieces of various lengths and shapes.
- Interpersonal: Discuss and make your family’s favorite spots.
- Spatial: Arrange the pieces whatever way you choose.
- Intrapersonal: Add toy cars and small dolls or animals to act out your own pretend scenarios.
- Linguistic: Share a story about one of the toys and all of the places it has to go that day.
- Logical-Mathematical: Try to make one loop using as many of the road pieces as possible.
Then, just store it in a file folder for a rainy day. It makes a great (and easily packable) travel toy, too.