So, how many of you gamers out there got the reference?
Despite these glorious glimpses of sun, we’re not through Seattle’s rainy season yet, and as long as grey clouds loom, you’ll find this dish in our fridge or freezer.
It’s a staple: easy, filling, and damn good, too, if I do say so myself. Give it a try.
* No humans, tauren, undead, or elves were harmed in the making of this chili.
Another Ryan Hylland Creation
- 2 # ground beef or turkey
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz chunky tomato sauce
- 4 c beef broth
- 12 oz diced tomatoes
- 4 oz can chipotle peppers, chopped
- 3.5 T chipotle chili powder
- 3 T sherry vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 1/4 c dark brown sugar
- 2 25-oz cans of beans (kidney, pinto, black, etc.)
- 1 small package frozen corn
- elbow noodles or rice
Brown meat. Add garlic and onion. Sauté. Add everything else except corn and beans. Simmer at least 30 min (the longer the tastier). About 15-20 minutes before serving, add the beans and corn. Cook until heated through.
Serve over elbow noodles or rice.
Feeds a small horde (4-8 adults, depending on how hungry you are).
I recommend doubling the batch for freezing or giving.