Top off the perfect gift with the perfect gift tag — something that doesn’t just say “To” and “From,” but recognizes those things that make your recipient so gift-worthy. You can make a game out of it, too …
What You’ll Need
- Index cards or cardstock
- Something to write with
- Hole punch
- Decorative ribbon
- Optional: stamps, stickers, glitter, beads, etc.
What You’ll Do
- Think about the special characteristics of the person you’re giving your gift to. Is Dad “the greatest listener and best bear hugger”? Is your sister “a giving friend who can always make people laugh”?
- Cut your paper into tag-size pieces.
- Hole punch each card, so you can thread a ribbon through.
- Write your description of the recipient.
- Decorate the tag, if you’d like.
- Thread your tag onto the ribbon and tie the ribbon around your gift.
- See if the recipient realizes it’s for them just by the description on the tag.
If you have gifts for a roomful of people, you could even have everyone read a tag aloud and try to guess who the gift is for.
Have you own creative gift-giving ideas? Please share them.