You’ll find a local market in practically every neighborhood, as you’ll see from the list below (which conveniently includes days and times).
If I forgot one of your faves, please let me know. I’ll be sure to add it.
So get out there. Wander. Sample. Be neighborly. Explore.
Free Seattle: Farmers’ Markets
- Mingle with your neighbors
- Sample amazing produce
- Support local craftspeople and farmers
What to Do:
- Plan to eat there. Most markets have booths with food made to order, as well as food to bring home.
- Kick back. Bring a blanket, sit curbside, and people watch. Many markets even offer activities for the kids as well as musical entertainment.
- Learn something new. Discover a new food, ask how something’s made, or get a tip for a new recipe to try at home. Booth vendors are often more than happy to strike up conversation. This is their passion, after all!
Markets in Seattle:
- Ballard: Sundays, 10am – 3pm, year-round
- Capitol Hill: Sundays, 11am – 3pm, year-round
- Columbia City: Wednesdays, 3pm – 7pm, May through Mid-October
- Fremont: Sundays, 10am – 5pm, year-round
- Lake City: Thursdays, 3pm – 7pm, Mid-June through September
- Magnolia: Saturdays, 10am – 2pm, June through early October
- Madrona: Fridays, 3pm – 7pm, late May through September
- Phinney: Fridays, 3pm – 7pm, June through September
- Pike Place: daily, 10am – 6pm, year-round
- Queen Anne: Thursdays, 3pm – 7:30pm, June through October
- University District: Saturdays, 9am – 2pm, year-round
- Wallingford: Wednesdays, 3:30pm – 7pm, June through late September
- West Seattle: Sundays, 10am – 2pm, year-round
Markets Around Town:
- Bainbridge: Saturdays, 9am – 1pm, mid-April through mid-November
- Bellevue: Thursdays 3pm – 7pm in May AND Saturdays 10am – 3 in June through September
- Issaquah: Saturdays, 9am – 2pm, late April through mid-October
- Kirkland: Fridays, 3pm – 7pm, June through September
- Mercer Island: Sundays, 10am – 3pm, June through September
- Redmond: Saturdays, 9am – 3pm, May through October
- Renton: Tuesdays, 3pm – 7pm, June through September
- Shoreline: Saturdays, 10am – 3pm, mid-June through September
- Vashon: Saturdays, 10am – 2pm, April through December
For more free Seattle fun, try one of these adventures:
- Golden Gardens
- Olympic Sculpture Park
- Green Lake
- Gasworks Park
- Bayview-Kinnear Park
- Ballard Splash Park
- Northacres Splash Park
- Tulip Festival
- San Juan Islands