What a week, you guys! I seriously can’t even believe everything that’s happened in the past five days.
- Sunday: Received all final art assets for The Denim Jungle.
- Monday: Learned InDesign to layout the book for printing.
- Tuesday: Finalized the layout files with an old design friend.
- Wednesday: Received proofreader approval.
- Thursday: Uploaded the files and distribution info on the printer’s site and in the ISBN database.
I feel like I’ve been on fast forward! And somehow I even took care of two kids and squeezed in a little client work on top of all that.
Today I’m ordering the proof, and (assuming all’s well) The Denim Jungle could be in my hands and available for sale as early as next week!
Regardless, I’ll definitely be sharing some art with you very soon. Jackie has gone above and beyond with the illustrations. I think you’ll be blown by her style.
It seems funny that a book five years in the making could go from idea to actuality in basically six days. But that’s how dreams work. They have fits and starts, but boy, when the universe sees your serious, does it put wind in your sails.
Keep working toward those dreams, friends. And soon I’ll have LOTS of from-the-trenches tips for all my fellow would-be children’s authors.